Schreiner Group - Innovative labels. Smart solutions.
Schreiner Group is an international, family-owned corporation based in Germany and a preferred partner in healthcare and mobility markets. Our core business includes innovative high-tech labels and functional parts enhanced with complementary system solutions and services, thus tapping into smart solution dimensions. In this way, Schreiner Group helps to make life not only easier but also more mobile and secure.
In addition to its headquarters in the Munich metropolitan area (Oberschleissheim), the agile high-tech company has three more production sites in Bavaria (Dorfen), the US (Blauvelt, New York) and China (Fengpu, Shanghai). In total, Schreiner Group generates a sales volume of approximately EUR 190 million with over 1,200 staff.
The Job Opportunities
All open job opportunities for our US production Site in Blauvelt, NY can be found below. Have you found a suitable position and want to apply for it? Simply click the “Apply online” link in the respective job opportunity to proceed to our application system.
If you would like to submit a general application, please click here to proceed to the application form.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repairing, maintaining, and cleaning of our building systems, manufacturing equipment and tolls in a safe and efficient manner so our customers specifications and delivery schedules can be met. Work hours: Monday - Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm; with mandatory over-time.
- High School Diploma or higher educational degree or trade certifications in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 2 - 4 years experience with reading blue prints, performing mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- 2 - 4 years experience breaking down machines and equipment.
- 2 - 4 years experience performing preventative maintenance and equipment testing.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Work actively requires bending, reaching, walking, stooping, and crouching, lifting and climbing. Job duties also require regular use of fingers and hands when working.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the manufacturing operations in a way which will drive performance and ensure business operations are running efficiently & effectively. This position is accountable for the overall performance of production operations and for ensuring customer demands are met while producing products at the lowest cost and maintaining high quality standards. This role requires knowledge of hiring, on-boarding and training processes, along with building, leading and managing effective teams. Knowledge of safety and quality policies and practices and an overall knowledge of federal and state laws which affect human resources, safety quality and manufacturing process.
- Bachelors degree or higher educational degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Printed Services. or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar positions in the manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in team leadership or managing direct reports.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S, and other productivity and quality improvement methods.
- Experience with OSHA and other regulations and rules which effect safety.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Intermediate to advanced level of computer knowledge in the MS Office Suites.
- Reading, Analyzing, and interpreting technical procedures manuals and manufacturing documents including financial data as it relates to investments and personnel.
The Press Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a press while adhering to customer specification, quality requirements, company standards, guideline and safety standards. This position is responsible for the overall completion of printing job via the press.
Inspection of printed material to ensure the correctness in all areas of color, registration, stock and all other customer specifications.
Adjusting and maintaining registration, color, perforations, and other customer specific printing specifications.
Observes the press operations to detect any machine or equipment malfunctions and moves to correct the issues.
Makes adjustment to all press machine parts and equipment: feeders, grippers, guides, feed wheels, cameras and other machine parts using proper equipment.
Carries out the final inspection to ensure the material, ink, plates or screens, cylinders/rollers, tension, and all other necessary customer specifications are correct prior to the start of the running the job.
Review and Interpret job specifications and work order instructions, delegates or carries out directions as needed.
Ensures all job related data (time and material) are entered into the ERP system.
Ensure complete and proper lie clearance has been conducted.
Maintain the daily activity production log and all other required documentation for the press and work orders.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting technical procedures, and manufacturing documents including the system of Graphic specification/Graphic identical/articles.
- Experience with inks and materials.
- Experience with handling and proper caring of die cutting tools.
- Experience with machine set-up
- Knowledge of cGMP, ISO and Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with UV and water based inks preferred.
- Experience working with vision system preferred.
- Working knowledge of quality procedures in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Work activity requires repetitive bending, reaching walking, stooping and crouching, lifting and climbing.
In this role you will be responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining production equipment used in the quality inspection and finishing of printed labels. Our facility operates on a 2 -shift, 10-hour schedule with Fridays mandatory overtime.
Applicants must have a high school diploma (or GED) and at least 6 months experience in operating manufacturing equipment. The applicant must be competent in MS Office and other computer programs and be able to communicate well- both verbally and in writing. The operator position requires the employee to stand, reach with arms, kneel and lift 50lbs.
Candidates must be able to:
-Follow strict test instructions, SOP's and process descriptions
-Ability to accurately complete all internal and customer documents and records.
-Attention to detail.
- A proven record of good attendance and timeliness
-Ability to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultured facility.
-Mechanical ability to maintain machine, troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Knowledge of cGMP, ISO is helpful but not mandatory.
- Coach, mentors and leads all employees in the Quality Department.
- Drives quality certifications and takes the lead on all audits. Renews and maintains all documentation regarding certifications and other company licenses concerning quality control and assurance.
- Investigates all complaints, documents and makes recommendation for corrective actions, and ensures that proper follow-up is taken.
- Creates and implements KPI's for quality assurance and quality control.
- Creates, implements and ensures compliance with all company controlled documents as it relates to quality assurance and quality control (SOP's, Guidelines, Process Descriptions and Forms/Checklists).
- Creates and maintains performance indicators, quality benchmarks and measures performance on the quality assurance department (i.e. deviations and non-conformities).
- Develop and maintain compliance programs to create and maintain a culture of environmental health and safety awareness.
- 5-7 years experience with quality engineering and management in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of cGMP/QSR, ISO:9001, ISO:14001, ISO:45001, IATF 16949 and FDA device/drug/biologic regulations.
- Experine with Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S and other productivity and quality improvement methods.
- Experience managing compliance with local, state and federal safety, health and environmental regulations (i.e. OSHA, EPA and DEP).
- Experience with OSHA and other regulations/rules that effect safety.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Intermediate to advanced level of computer knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suites.
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting technical procedures, manuals and manufacturing documents including financial data as it related to investments and staffing.
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering and other related field.
Individually manage sales across a wide list of key clients as well as generate new customers and new business.
Manage sustainable & robust relationships with all clients; adding value to them to support and fulfill their business goals.
In partnership with the Sales Director & the global Key Account Managers create and implement the Key Account-Business Plan. Define US and global sales & strategic goals, measures and results.
Create / Design new product solutions in collaboration with customers, inside sales, product and process development in the US and the corporate office, held in Germany.
Assess market opportunities in agreement with the Key Account Team, Sales Director and Product Development.
Consistently deliver individual sales targets every month.
Represent Schreiner Group LP at tradeshows, conferences, & meetings to build a robust network.
Minimum of 3 years sales experience.
Excellent understanding of technical issues & solution driven.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of business acumen with a professional attitude and presence.
The ability to travel approximately 50% of the time; both domestic and international.
Bi-lingual; Spanish speaking a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required- engineering degree preferred.
If you can't read the word, click here.