Smartphone-Based User Assistance
Patient Support and Patient Centricity
Increasing digitalization and the growing trend toward self-medication are putting a greater focus on patients. For pharmaceutical manufacturers, this means that their medications have to be easy and convenient to take and administer. Also, patients, today, are obtaining information about the medications or therapies prescribed to them via various digital channels. Supporting patients so that they feel optimally taken care of is a key factor in ensuring safe and reliable medication and therapeutic success.
This is exactly what labels with integrated NFC/RFID technology do: By means of interactive applications they assist patients in taking their medications and thus enhance adherence.
Physicians can individually adjust dosages as needed, while loyalty to the medication and the pharmaceutical company is generated.
- Direct application to primary packaging (autoinjectors, pens, vials and syringes) for immediate connection to the product
- Application to secondary packaging, e. g. cardboard and folding boxes
- Easy access to application- and product-related information
- Background authentication is possible
- Monitoring and enhancement of medication adherence
- Higher transparency of the supply chain
- Communication channel to the patient or healthcare professionals
Interactive Information and Adherence Support
Classic patient information leaflets inserted in medicine packaging contain information such as directions, descriptions and pictograms explaining how to use the medication.
They are not always easy to understand and in many cases the leaflet is not within reach when the patient should take the medicine.
The NFC-Label directly applied to the product offers fast and reliable access to interactive information presented in easily understandable form.